Translate

Monday, November 16, 2015

The Power Behind ISIS

By Richard L. Spangler

(In light of the recent attacks in Paris, I feel the need to republish this article on ISIS. I hope it blesses you and you will answer the call of the Holy Spirit).


Most people are concerned and rightly so about the rise of ISIS. The brutality of these Islamic Terrorists, the mass executions and beheadings, are shocking. I began asking the Lord Jesus to reveal the spirit behind these terrorists and how do we as believers’ war against the power behind ISIS and defeat it and them.
I was recently led into a study of Jonah and was then led by the Holy Spirit to take a look at Nineveh. Most of us know some of the story Jonah and Nineveh and how Jonah did not want to go there because they were an evil people and an enemy of Israel. As I looked deeper into Nineveh, I found it was the capital of the Assyrian Empire and it was brutal its enemies and its own people. The leaders of Nineveh would use terror and brutality in order to maintain control over the empire. Their methods included, mass beheadings and making pyramids out of the heads, impaling people on stakes (an early form of crucifixion) and nailing bodies to the walls of the various cities in empire. This sounds strangely familiar to what is being done today by ISIS.
This is more than a man or a group of individuals doing these things for a short time in history. As we have seen these tactics have been used for thousands of years and have been used in the same region of the earth for the same purpose to control and rule over man by whatever means necessary. It is an evil principality causing men to control and manipulate mankind. It can be called the Assyrian Principality. Control over men is a tool that this principality uses to wage war against God and to stop the Word of God from being fulfilled. This is why all of these men and empires and governments have a demonically inspired hatred of Jews and Christians and an overwhelming drive to wipe out all Jews and Christians.
I asked the Lord, “How do we fight an evil spirit which is a principality?”
The Lord said, “You don’t, I do. Ask Me to rise up and fight.”
I then asked, “How do we ask?”
The Lord spoke, “Call upon all the Young Lions of Judah, and tell them how is the time to roar in Spirit. To raise the sound of praise and worship from every corner of the earth and intercede for mankind.”
I pondered for days about the Lord had said. Then I woke up one day an hour and half early by the Spirit and I was immediately and passionately worshipping the Lord God, Our Father. Then I found myself transitioning by the Holy Spirit. He led me into repentance for my sins. There was a release of forgiveness that was amazing and could not help but worship God more.
Then I found myself crying out for forgiveness for the Church as a whole. The Spirit then moved me to cry out for forgiveness for our nation. And remind the Lord of the covenant with this nation. After this, I began declaring His faithfulness to Israel and to His Bride (the Church). Then I began to declare that the Lord magnifies His Word above His Name (Psalm 138:2 AMP).
With that I cried out for the Lord God to arise and defend His Word from the Assyrian Principality, who has declared war on His people Israel, His Bride (the Church) and His Holy Word. I called on the Lord God of Heaven and Earth to wage war against this principality destroying its stronghold on the earth and totally defeating it and bringing confusion to its servants (men) on the earth. I Worshiped and Praised God for the victory.
This experience in worship and intersession is the guideline for the Young Lions of Judah to stand and roar in the Spirit against the Assyrian Principality and its allies. It’s time for the Young Lions to Roar.
©COPYRIGHT 2014 RICHARD L. SPANGLER

No comments:

Post a Comment